A popular scientific, literary and social magazine.
“Azdarar” is the first Armenian periodical publication.
Was published in 1794-1796 in Madras. Publisher and editor was Harutyun Shmavonyan. In total 18 issues of "Azdarar" were published, covering educational and ethnic issues as well as the question of independence of the Armenian people. Had a pro-Russian orientation.
Armenian philological, literary magazine.
Published since 1843. Was printed on the island of St. Lazarus, under the supervision of Mkhitaryan Unity (Venice).
Is the most long-playing Armenian periodical publication. Highlights Armenian ethnic, cultural, spiritual and educational topics. Attaches great importance to historical and philological, linguistic, literary and scientific works.
National political, economic, literary and philological weekly (later daily) newspaper. Was published from 1852 to 1908 in Constantinople. The founder and publisher was Karapet Utuchyan. In 1888 “Masis” became a literary magazine.
The greatest popularity “Masis” enjoyed when it was edited by Grigor Zohrap. Magazine paid particular attention to literary works and criticism and managed to unite many literary figures of Western Armenia. Occasionally it published Russian and European literature.
Educational, philological monthly publication for children and teenagers.
Was published in 1854-1855 by the students of Mesropian College in Zmyurnia. It published literary works, interviews, stories, philological fragments. "Tutak Haykazyan" is believed to be the first Armenian periodical for children.
A Monthly magazine published in 1855-1858 in Paris (Armenian-French) and in 1859-1865 in Feodosia (Armenian-Russian). Editor and publisher was Gabriel Aivazovsky.
The journal published articles on literature, education, science and art, the works of Armenian writers, translations of Russian and foreign writers. In 1860 came up with "OPtschO” application.
Philological, literary, economic publication founded by Harutyun Svachyan. Was published twice a year in 1856-1874 in Constantinople.
With irony and conviction “Meghu” presented the everyday life of Armenian people the backward customs and habits. Was extremely popular while being edited by Hakob Paronyan.
A monthly magazine issued in1858-1864 in Moscow. Magazine was published by Lazarian Seminary printing house. The founder and editor was Stepanos Nazaryants. Under the “Diary of national education and training" title the magazine covered ethnic problems of the revival and development of the nation: the need to keep up and not move away from the world culture, to develop national consciousness through public education, and erudition. The magazine published the works of Armenian writers and translated European and Russian literature.
National literary-philological journal founded by Gregory Chilinkimiryan. Was published in 1861-1867 in Zmyurnia once per every 10 days.
Particular attention was paid to promotion of democratic values. The magazine contributed to the development of secular literature. Published articles on cultural, theatrical, educational, ethnic topics. Often represented foreign literature news.
Political, literary, national daily newspaper, founded by Hambardzum Alachachyan. Was published in 1863-1907 in Constantinople. Presented the life of Armenians in Western Armenia and Polis. Considered the language, religion and history to be the basis for the national existence. Published works of Armenian writers. Paid extra attention to the translations and articles on ethics.
A literary, political daily newspaper published in 1872-1921 in Tbilisi. Editor and founder was Grigor Artsruni.
Through its versatile materials, the newspaper promoted the idea of national liberation and struggle for independence. Published articles of Armenian writers and intellectuals on various topics as well as their works and translations of world literature.
Illustrated monthly magazine for children. Was published in 1883-1918 in Tbilisi by Tigran Nazarian.
Presented literary, artistic works, essays and articles on famous people, natural science, geography, and other topics. Paid extra attention to folk arts and classic literature for children.
Political and literary daily newspaper published in 1883-1916 in Tbilisi by Spandar Spandaryan. Since 1909 came out once a year.
Emphasized the need for science and civilization development. Presented the work of Armenian theater, educational and charitable institutions. Published the works of Armenian writers and translations of Russian and European authors in the literary section of the newspaper.
National daily newspaper published in 1884-1912. Founded and released in Constantinople by StepanTamanyan. The newspaper had democratic views.
Highlighted the socio-political issues of Armenia and Armenians. Published works of Raffi, Zohrap and other famous authors.
A satirical magazine published in 1884-188 in Constantinople. Editor and publisher was Hakob Paronyan.
The magazine published satirical writings criticizing European innovations and petty-bourgeois foundations. It was one of the most widely read periodicals of the time.
National political and literary annual almanac founded by Anton Sagayan.
Was published in 1886-1908 in Constantinople.
Presented reviews, essays, folklore arts and songs. Published literary works of Armenian writers and translations of famous works of Russian and European authors. The magazine highlighted and discussed the problems of teaching and education, linguistics, and the Armenian press.
Literary illustrated magazine published by Simon Gulamiryan in 1887-1898 in St. Petersburg.
Presented ethnic, philological, national, social and political materials. Published works of Armenian, Russian and foreign writers and articles on the well-known cultural figures in the literary section of the magazine.
Armenian journal on studies, trainings and art criticism.
Is published since 1887 by the initiative of Mkhitaryan Unity in Vienna.
The magazine publishes works on Armenian language and dialects, medieval manuscripts, ethnography, bibliography, literature and arts.
The magazine collaborates with armenologists from foreign scientific institutions.
"HANDES GRAKAN EV PATMAKAN"
A yearbook published in 1888-1896 in Moscow by Mkrtich Barkhudaryan.
Presented prose and poetry of famous Armenian authors, as well as translations of world classics and modern writers.
A social, political and literary monthly magazine.
Was published in 1889-1907 in Tbilisi. Up to 1900 was published and edited by Avetik Araskhanyan.
Particular attention was paid to articles and realistic works, education and health. Published works of Armenian writers and was considered a very informative publication. In the translation section presented works of Russian and European writers.
Literary and artistic Illustrated weekly magazine. In 1909 became a monthly publication. Was published in 1890-1919 in Tbilisi. Editor and publisher was Tigran Nazarian.
Presented reviews and literary articles, topics on visual and performing arts, music. Presented the works of Armenian, Russian and European writers. Had a number of applications: "Health", "Paris Fashion" and others.
Literary, pictorial and public journal.
Came out with intervals in 1898-1949 in Paris. Editor and publisher was Arshak Choponyan.
Published researches on history of Armenian people, art, literature and other fields of culture, as well as translations of world classics.
A historical-philological, literary illustrated almanac.
Was published with intervals in 1901-1949 in Venice with the efforts of Mkhitaryan Unity.
The magazine published historical and philological, literary, critical articles. It introduced classical works of the Armenian and world painting, literature, music and architecture.
Theatrical and literary illustrated newspaper published every two weeks.
Was published in 1907-1912 in Tbilisi. Publisher and editor was Aram Vruyr.
The newspaper presented news on theatrical life, raised the question of translation quality. It also drew attention to the architecture, painting, music and other arts. Plays were published as an application.
Literary illustrated journal.
Was published in 1908-1921 in Tbilisi. Publisher and editor was Garegin Levonian.
The magazine published articles on sculpture, architecture, music, archeology, family and education, as well as the works of Armenian writers and translations of world literature.
Paid extra attention to leading Armenian and European thinkers’ opinion on culture.